Monday, May 22, 2006

Pensamientos

Pensamientos

Many times when touching the honed sharpness of dreams in the night
I think of friends who have died without love,
Of hate and bitterness between brothers and sisters,
I mourn of wasted days and useless bickering and fighting
And the bloody deflowering between neighbors warring as these
enemies
And the wretched soul between.
I think of healing and peace between this town and that town.
Of this city and of that nation, of the earth choking
held apart
I decry of the depth of enmity that exists between Arabs and Jews
And between Christians, the poor and the rich.
The feeble elders, the sick dying , without the blessing of
healthcare, without the sanction of humanity;
I think of these sad things and the deep scars felt that wound
between black and white
As I dream these dreams in the dawn, as I awake

No comments: