Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Biggie Spice

Biggie Spice


I’ve grown so big

I feel like a pig.

I think that I might explode.

I’m more than twice,

maybe thrice

the man I used to be.

Sometime, somewhere

in the past seventy years

I began to grow

rather than shrink,

and now here I sit

in this monstrous chair,

just a blob

of fat and bones.

I have grown so large

in no time at all,

I almost don't miss

the slender waist,

the thin firm butt,

I once so proudly possessed.

And now here I sit

like an old twit

who will fly

like a balloon

from the chair

to the moon,

disappear in a cloud

and float above

the endless crowd.

I’ll visit awhile

With other big things:

Jumbo, the elephant,

Hannah, the hippo,

and Mack the huge truck.

Then I’ll soar through the sky,

very far, very high,

to find

a new beginning.

No comments: