Friday, March 05, 2010

Desert Cycle

Desert Cycle

Yucca is in its springtime bloom
The arroyo gulch is dry
Under the April crescent moon the desert
Hears a coyote’s cry.
Upon the shifting sand among the dunes
Are natural love tunes.

My seventieth season has come upon me
Since I first left my home;
I know before I am well -finished
I will surely roam
My heart has not grown old
Passion and love remain, still bold

I have gazed into these luminous decades
And now my soul is calm
I’ve changed since first seeing this skyline,
The desert has become my balm
The night –sounds of crawling creatures in my ear
Creep with a lesser fear

Unhurried now, minute by minute
I dabble in my art
Inscrutable schemes in rarefied air
Images straight from the heart
Emotion and intellect fuse where they will,
Depend upon a thrill

And now I glide on the shifting dune,
Beautiful, mysterious;
Above the music, ever so faint
As the season finally serious
Blossoms into full bloom
Before inevitable doom

No comments: