Thursday, January 05, 2006

Resolution

Resolution

Shedding old skin, I begin my life again
False starts yesterday’s news, I resolve at once
To amend my days, transform my evil ways
The old turned new

I’ll re-style my hair, a fine suit I’ll wear
Nasty habits I’ll avoid like poison
Fast food, greasy fries, loose women, big cigars-
Endangered species

My sinful style, will not beguile, my mouth shut-
No obscenities athwart these pursed lips
The beloved booze of Bacchus I’ll refuse
Immortality!

Perverted truth, prevarications be gone!
Wicked, woeful ways, repent without delay
Neither depravity nor carnality delight,
A purified soul

Temptations gone, I’ll now move on, an asp
Adorned in a shiny new skin, to commence
Adventures anew, sunning on a new rock
Metamorphosis!

Kbris 2006




No comments: