Saturday, February 11, 2006

Bionic Moog Machine

Bionic Moog Machine

My heart’s bionics
Pace my daily biorhythms
With a steady thumping beat
Synthesizes sounds
With auditory sensations
Cycling through my musical veins

Your battery’s dying
Said the cardiologist
Extracting the wires from my
Hairy bared chest
Pacemaker, my Moog machine
Its voltage diminishing

For these seven years
Undetected impulses
Electrical drum beats
Determined my dance
Soon I’ll dance with a new
Device, a powerful woman

A new immigrant
Incised into heart’s country
With a skilled surgeon’s hands
Deftly connecting
Disconnecting atria
Wires, electrical leads.

A down comforter
On a frigid winter’s night
My companion pacemaker
Provides warmth, rhythm
Security, necessary comfort
A tiny lithium friend

Tomorrow I go
Into a sanitized room,
a cold surgical chamber
Tomorrow I go
For a new dancing machine,
To thump away the lonely nights.

KBris 2006













No comments: