Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Memories

Christmas Memories

Tears fall and the river rises.
Today the memories warm me rather
Than break my heart.

Years and years of memories,
all my loved ones past
come together at Christmas.
Tiny children opening presents.
Oh the joy! How to possibly
recreate that, now that I am old?
I know! I'll have kids again! Not!

When the tears fall and the river rises,
I remember the reason for the season.
It’s not about me or my memories-
that soothing life-saving force.
What is Christmas all about?
Fear not, and think on this!

-And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold,
I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.
And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
Glory to God in the highest, on earth peace, good will toward men.
And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven,

No comments: