Monday, August 14, 2006

Around the Bright Fire

Keith Sings the Poem

Aroound the Bright Fire

Around the bright fire, fire so warm
Sit yerself down pard, It’ll do you no harm
            It’ll do you no harm pard, It’ll do you no harm
            Sit yerself down pard, It’ll do you no harm

If you feel lonely, sit fer a spell,
And I’ll tell you a story, make you feel swell
            Make you feel swell, pard, make you feel swell
            I’ll tell you a story, make you feel swell

Around the bright fire, warming our hands,
Telling my tales, here’s where it stands:
             Here’s where it stands, pard, here’s where it stands,
             Telling my tales, here’s where it stands

In darkness she left me, that cold winter night,
Never could figure, try as I might
             Try as I might, pard, try as I might
             Never could figure, try as I might

Bought me a stallion sixteen hands high
Riding to forget under Montana sky:
            Under Montana sky, pard, under Montana sky
            Riding to forget under Montana sky

Bear in a trap, pal, bear in a trap,
Crying for freedom, feeling like crap
            Feeling like crap, pard, feeling like crap
            Crying for freedom, feeling like crap

Remember my face, remember it well,
I hope when we meet, pard, it won’t be in Hell:
             It won’t be in Hell, pard, it won’t be in Hell
             I hope when we meet it won’t be in Hell

No comments: