Friday, August 18, 2006

Moving Between Two Worlds

Moving Between Two Worlds

I lose myself, processing words of thought.
A swirl, the mind’s black hole collapses
the screen as I dance across the keyboard.
Dusted off words fly from fast fingers,
lines between the skin and dream dissolve,
mining the shadow and the source, they merge.

Writing becomes automatic. Ideas merge
like friendly spirits who never thought
to hesitate with writer’s block-collapses,
never felt grief as new ideas dissolve,
stuck in hackneyed phrases on the keyboard.
Affable angels guide these furious fingers.

Words, palabras, mots, foreign fingers-
lexis of fresh, fertile delta loam, merge
Ouija-like from a mystical keyboard.
A spectator to the journey of my thoughts.
I stare through the glass as ice dissolves.
Word and phrase, each on each collapse.

From rubble, newness arises from the collapse
of dead dreams; massages with magical fingers
sore ideas. Intractable pain dissolves.
Old, new mythologies meld and merge,
blend truth and fiction, follow thought.
Fabulous realities fresh from the keyboard.

A laying-on of hands at head of keyboard,
a faith healer’s blessing after collapse,
restores lost souls to purity of thought.
Resurrects through the tips of fingers
heavy hearts, before they dissolve
Into deadly dry days and merge

without song or verse-simply merge,
like hypnotic hordes across my keyboard.
At the quiet of my desk, I collapse,
surrender in solitude, dissolve
into downward distance of my thought,
touching lightly with trembling fingers

time that collapses, disappears, dissolves
as fingers move across the keyboard,
thoughts merge shadow and source.

No comments: