Saturday, October 22, 2005

Adios Amiga

Adios Amiga

Words fly, old venoms begin to inject,
Then diffuse, in petty, small lies, accuse me
Of treason, cheating and posing with my
Deceitful smugness

She screams; blood pressure begins to ascend
Then plunges as wild-unsteady vertigo, enkindles her
With red-faced rage, a descent into madness
Accusing; wretched

I don’t need to tell you about this lovely
Insane girl I’ve long been an ardent man of:
We were hooked up in a gentler time with
A loving spirit

We began as lovers, poignant, enamored
Filled with passion, bursting with blind pride
Wrapped up in each other like Christmas presents
Lost in each other

Times have changed; we sleep in anger and dream
Of places far away in separate worlds
Of unfulfilled promises and secret desires
A painful nail bed

Tomorrow I leave; she’s impossible
To live with, to sleep with, to do anything with.
She needs a new beginning, so do I
Far away from her

KBris 2005

No comments: