Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Dotage

Dotage

My dotage, a fool’s infatuations spew
Forth like gurgling, geothermal geysers, run amok
As your bouncy, flouncy body sachets and
Surrounds my heart

Awakened from a dream, bleary-eyed, I gape
Transfixed at you, a fairy in Midsummer’s night
Lighter than air, magical, dancing among stars
Exquisite and bold

Extravagant passion, short-lived, my folly
At an age when embers have turned to ashes
And old men feed birds, recall from park benches
Yesterday’s stale news

Burning brightly, your sun shines through my window
Reflects off the girl with the fish, her smiling picture
Gold-framed, adorns the wall, and brings me bliss
Lights up the day

The cliché, “No fool like an old fool” rings true
Doesn’t matter much, changes nothing because
Each day with you, I feel brand new; immortal
Awake and renewed

kbris

No comments: